Header AD

What is the height of Indian hypocrisy? [Quora]


  1. A saree showing 6 inches of your belly and your back is sanskaari but a crop top revealing 3 inches of your tummy is uncultured.
  2. Teachers are supposed to be equal to God , They said. Be an engineer or a doctor, Teacher? Noways. They said.
  3. Pissing in public is totally Okay. But hey Kissing in public can get you behind bars. Forget kissing, You can get whipped if you are caught holding hands. Don't believe me? Check this out then! Moral police’ harass couples - Times of India (links to: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.c...) . So-called moral policing, They said.
  4. Throughout her life, she was asked to stay away from strangers. And now, she was asked to marry on. My whole life was a lie :p
  5. If I talk to boys, I am labeled a slut. If I don't talk to them, I am narrow-minded or worst case scenario “Lesbian” :P
  6. A man slapped a woman. He is such a coward. A woman slapped a man. He is such a coward.
  7. They said my entire life depended on my education. No one will marry you if your roti isn't round, They said. Okay,so my future now depends on my roti making skills. Cool.
  8. Me : “BC-MC-Added Hindi abuses”. People: Gosh, she's so “cheap”. also me: “WTF, A$$#***- Added English abuses. People: She is so “cool”. Oh I am drowning in the hypocrisy!
  9. He was ranting on social media on how Honey Singh sings cheap abusive content and how he objectifies women. The next day, I saw him dancing in the pub to “Blue eyes hypnotize kardi hain mennu”. Oh Hey Mr. Hypocrite.
  10. He made a speech on how taking dowry is wrong for his law firm. 2 months later, He demanded a Mercedes for his wedding from his In-laws. Sigh.
  11. She is a feminist, she said. She wants equality, she said. “He is the guy, he should pay the bill”, She said. All your feminism just went down the drain lady.
  12. “I love my dad, he is the best person in the world”. Her Facebook post read on her dad’s birthday. “ All men are dogs”, Her facebook post read after 2 weeks.
  13. “I am a mature independent lady” she said. “Oh my gosh, he was so inconsiderate, he didn't offer to even carry my bags while shopping” she said. Hey there miss independent lady.
  14. Talking about sex and sex education is taboo. Also, India is the country with the second largest population. The fact says it all, *Facepalm*.
  15. “I support gay rights. I am pro- LGBT” They said. “Bro he looks so gay man!”, They teased.
  16. “Bro, I want a virgin wife”, He said. “Bro, I am not a virgin”, he said.
  17. Sex outside marriage, My choice” she said. They called it empowerment *Ahem ahem Vogue*. “Sex outside marriage, My choice” he said. They called it sexism and infidelity.
  18. “Every independent girl should learn to say NO to dowry” she claimed. “Who cares if am earning well. I still need his money *Alimony anyone?* after divorce” she announced.
  19. His girlfriend wore a revealing dress. “You should be wearing this more often” he said. His sister wore a similar outfit, “You shouldn't be dressing like this, Learn to look respectful!” He also said. Ghar ki murgi daal barabar.
  20. “India is so dirty, garbage everywhere” he shouted being disgusted. After a while, he dumped a coke can on the street. Wow, respect sir.
  21. “My life. My rules” Her WhatsApp status read. “I am sorry I can't marry you, My parents will never agree” she said turning him down. Oh lady what happened to My life my rules?
  22. A common man killed 2. “Punish him, he is a murderer” They protested. On Salman khan’s case, “He is our hero, You can't put him in jail like that!” , They said. Oh murderers have exceptions of being heroes you see.
  23. India’s concern: Rape. Poverty.Crime.Corruption. Time of India’s concern : Cleavage. *Deepika Padukone anyone?*. Did not get the reference? check this out then Times of India saw her cleavage, Deepika Padukone shows them she has a spine too (links to: http://www.thenewsminute.com/art...) Facepalm.
  24. She wanted a well settled smart good looking guy. That's what every girl deserves, they said. He wanted a fair and beautiful girl. He is male chauvinist Pig, they said. Ah the double standards!
  25. Girl in a short revealing outfit. She should not be judged, They said. Girl in a hijab. She is totally oppressed, They said. Her fricking choice, You dumb wit!
  26. Be yourself beta, His parents said. “Mom I am gay” he confessed. They disowned him that day. What happened to being yourself?
  27. India is a land of free speech and expression, The constitution said. He got arrested for eating beef. Forget free speech, you can't even eat what you want.
  28. “We are a co-ed school, boys and girls are supposed to have healthy bonds and friendships” The school rule book stated. “Why were you talking to that boy and giggling?” asked the school teacher. OH the story of my life or should i say, School!
  29. Her bra strap was visible. She was immediately cautioned to cover it up. His pants were drooping down and one could easily read “Jockey”. They called it a trend. Urghhh No comments!.
  30. “Women can't drive” he remarked. They labeled him sexist.”All men are pigs” she exclaimed. They called her a feminist. People need to grab a dictionary and enlighten themselves about the difference between being a feminist and being a …Total jerk!

Note:
Post written by Rida Fathima as a reply to the (original post) topic on Quora. Post was originally published on Quora.
What is the height of Indian hypocrisy? [Quora] What is the height of Indian hypocrisy? [Quora] Reviewed by AkS on 10:51 PM Rating: 5

No comments

Post AD